Saturday, September 16, 2017

Boy, am I behind on Monarch updates!

A lot has happened in the past few day. At this point I have released 26 butterflies and perhaps another 4 today.

I am finding caterpillars in my butterfly garden and leaving them...then I found these guys in chrysalis stage and had to bring them in.
I have 4, in their very own cage indoor. I hated to think of them being so vulnerable out there for at least 9-14 days. Again, I am way behind but I will journal tomorrow. Today is a 30 mile bicycle ride that I had to prepare for but I will let you know 'the rest of the story',
 

1 comment:

stitchersanon said...

Wonderful. I have kale in the polytunnel that no one will eat, so it's been reserved by some very polite caterpillars. I have no idea what they are but as long as they are happy and leave a tip, they are welcome to eat there.